Is it time to change your Employee Time Clock Software?
Your company has been using the same Employee Time Clock Software for years now. You’ve adapted to the system but you are starting to think that there might be a newer and better solution out there for your company. Is it time to make a change? Here are 10 items to look at that may help you make your decision.
1. Your software is getting slow and slower. The more time that passes, the slower it gets. You need software that can handle the database increases and adapt to your company’s changes and growth.
2. Your software hasn’t been updated in years. So what if your software hasn’t been updated in quite a few years? Who cares? If your employee time clock software that was created in 2000 has the features of 2010, and there is little doubt that it wasn’t, then it’s clearly no big deal. Technology is constantly and rapidly changing and your software should be updated periodically to keep up with it. An outdated program only means that you’re missing out on exciting new features and improvements through technology changes.
3. You are afraid to update your software for fear it might break. It’s been so long since you have actually had an upgrade you’re afraid that it may stop working if you do an upgrade. You don’t want to risk your precious (old) system for new features that you may not even use but this stops you from upgrading.
4. You can’t email your reports. The way your company communicates has changed dramatically since you bought your software. Being able to email reports helps your company save paper and also eliminates time wasted in printing and gathering paper reports.
5. Your employees request their time off via email or phone. Is this efficient? Are you still handling these requests directly into the payroll or HR departments and not letting your technology handle them for you directly to the manager who has the authority to approve it? Leave request systems are essential for any employee time clock system and can be automated through your software.
6. Your software is limited in features. Technology has changed considerably over the years and this makes almost anything possible. Some features weren’t available in time clock software when you bought your system. You should find a Time and Attendance System that fits all of your needs, not just a few. Your employee time clock system should cover at least 80% of your needs, with or without customization.
7. Your company still prints everything. Many companies have talked about becoming paperless but yours has missed the boat. Many time and attendance systems are now completely paperless, which can save you money and the environment at the same time.
8. The user interface is antiquated. Who needs the headache of trying to learn old looking software? It is possibly even quite plain to look at. Having the right user interface is important and makes your job easier and you can get your work done faster.
9. No support when you need it. It is important that you can reach out for timely, professional product support. Things happen. Situations come up. You need a new report fast. A clock breaks down at a busy time. Important information gets deleted. You shouldn’t be scrambling for help. Technical Support should be there at all times when you need it and for a fair price.
10. There is nowhere to go for new features. You use your software daily. You know it inside and out and you have some ideas for new features that you would like to see in the software but no-one is listening. You have called the software provider but all they say is “we’ll add it to the list” and nothing ever happens and your ideas never appear. Very frustrating.
If you think you have three or more of these items then it may be time to look into a new employee time clock software package. You can compare multiple systems on a single website at timeandattendancecompare.com
. There are many vendors all listed in one place. You can even go directly to the free Time Attendance Software Survey
All Articles >>